NERI (http://www.nweri.org/) is offering a $1,000 grant to an individual or team in honor and memory of Brenda McGowan, a NERI supporter and co-founder of the Hubert Prescott Bluebird Recovery Project in 1987 (www.prescottbluebird.com).
Grant Purpose: To enable an individual or team to conduct research in support of NERI’s mission statement:
The purpose of NERI is to further knowledge of Pacific Northwest natural historythrough research, training, and dissemination of information.
The target recipient is looking into out-of-the-main-stream research, into the neglected corners and niches of ecology.
Application Requirements: 1 page maximum (excluding budget, project reference, and references) stating the following:
- Project name and keyword(s) (maximum of 7).
- Applicant’s name, affiliation, and contact information (email and mailing address).
- Summary of project:
- Purpose and objectives. What will be studied?
- Scientific Rationale (why is study important?).
- References to existing literature are encouraged.
- Project reference contact information (name, position/relationship, phone number, email). The reference should be someone who knows about the project or would be helping to advise or discuss project results.
- Budgeted hours for project by personnel and any expenses (including mileage; state the number of miles and multiply by the current government mileage reimbursement rate)