The purpose of NERI is to further knowledge of Pacific Northwest natural history through research, training, and dissemination of information.
Since 1985, NERI associates have led a variety of research, conservation and education projects including:
- Conducting surveys and research on chickadees, bluebirds, Purple Martins, Barn Owls, Turkey Vultures, nighthawks, Common Loons, native turtles, frogs and salamanders and their habitat associations.
- Providing technical advice and training on survey techniques, species identification, and project development to agencies, schools, organizations and the general public.
- Building, installing and monitoring hundreds of nest boxes for various birds and flying squirrels for research or where natural cavities are in short supply.
- Implementing restoration projects to improve riparian and salmon habitats and monitoring their success.
- Constructing fencing to protect a variety of habitats from livestock overgrazing and off-road vehicle abuse.
Books Now Available: